The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications from suitable candidates for a Doctor of Philosophyc(PhD) for the academic year 2020/2021as follows:
PhD in Social Sciences offered at the College of Humanities and Social Sciences
This is a four-year program. This program will focus on perceptions and understanding of private cashtransfers by public authorities and populations, the type of relationships and/or social contracts they create or don ‘t create.
In addition to the general admission requirements of Makerere University, eligible candidates must have the following qualifications:
(a) A Bachelor’s degree in a first and second degree in the Social Sciences (preferably in Sociology, Anthropology or Social Work) from a recognized institution; and
(b) A Master’s Degree in in the Social Sciences (preferably in Sociology, Anthropology or Social Work) from a recognized institution.
The tuition fees per annum are UGX 7,000,000 for Ugandans/East Africans and UGX 9,000,000 for International Students in addition to other existing University functional fees.
Only one scholarship is available.
PhD in Economics (By Research) offered at the College of Business and Management Sciences
This is a four-year program.
This program will focus on cost and efficiency implications related to private (and public) cash-transfer projects and programmes and their development impacts.
In addition to the general admission requirements of Makerere University, eligible cand idates must have the following qualifications:
(a) A Bachelor’s degree in Economics from a recognized institution; and
(b) A Master’s Degree in Economics.
(c) Applicants should not be older than 40 years.
The tuition fees per annum are UGX 10,000,000 for Ugandans/East Africans and UGX 20,000,000 for International Students in addition to other existing University functional fees.
There is one scholarship.
1. Visit the Makerere University’s Admissions URL https://admissions.mak.ac.ug and generate a Payment Reference Number (PRN) by following the guide below.
2. Sign up using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid.
3. A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile phone number.
4. The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
5. To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the appropriate scheme i.e. Postgraduate and Taught PhD.
6. Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on “Pay for Form” button. Application fee UGX 50,000 (Ugandan/East African applicants) and UGX151 ,500 (International applicants)
7. Print 2 copies of the filled biodata form and attach 2 certified copies of your academic documents, 2 copies of all other relevant academic documents, 2 passport photos and the three referees’ letters of recommendation plus a 2-page (in single space) research synopsis covering the: Title of the Study; Motivation for the Study; Problem Statement; Purpose/General Objective; Specific Research Objectives; and a Summary of the Methodological Approach (by each specific research objective) and submit to Senate Building, Level 3, Office No. 307 or
scanned copies can be emailed to: [email protected]
8. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed over zoom on dates to be communicated by the College.
9. Please strictly observe the closing date of Wednesday 31st March, 2021.
10. For any further information contact the Principal/ College Registrar of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
For more information, downloaded detailed PPDFs