With more Ugandans increasingly shopping online, ensuring the security of digital platforms and the safety of customers funds has become of paramount importance.
It is because of this that the 2021 Digital and Financial Inclusion Summit will explore the strategic trends and technologies shaping the future of digital information technology and business, mainly focusing on the safety of customers’ funds and security of platforms in the financial technology industry.
The summit will also feature the eighth edition of Digital Impact Awards Africa (DIAA).
Organised by HiPipo, DIAA is a platform that promotes Digital Inclusion, Financial Inclusion and Cyber Security.
Speaking during the call for entries on November 1, the HiPipo chief operations officer Nicholas Kalungi said the summit will also discuss at length the disruptive impact of COVID-19 on the general business ecosystem and what players must do to recover.
The call for entries marked the start of a comprehensive DIAA entry submission and validation process that will run until November 13, 2021.
This will be followed by the release of a list of nominees, jury assessment and the rollout of public voting from November 17 – December 9, 2021.
The summit will run from December 9 -10 and will be crowned with awards on December 10.
The awards seek to recognise, celebrate and appreciate different individuals and organisations that are spearheading the use of digital mediums to better serve their communities.
This year’s summit will bring together C-Level executives that are spearheading the introduction, adoption and usage of digital and financial services across Africa.
Speakers will come from multinationals, large enterprises, small and mid-sized enterprises, start-ups, informal businesses and sole proprietorships such as public transport drivers, and e-commerce delivery agents, among others.
There are 10 Africa-focused and 17 Uganda-dedicated categories.
The Africa-focused categories are;
-Africa Best FinTech Innovation,
-Africa Best Smart Device Initiative
– Africa Best Internet Access Initiative
– Africa Best Mobile Innovation for Health
– Africa Best Mobile Innovation for Agriculture
– Africa Best Mobile Innovation for Education
– Africa Best Mobile Innovation for Banking
– Africa WomenInFinTech – Leadership Award (Personality)
– Africa Financial Inclusion – Medal of Honor (Personality)
– Africa Best Digital Response to Covid Impact.
The Uganda specific awards include;
– Financial Inclusion Excellence
– Women Financial Inclusion Outstanding Contribution
– Digital Banking Excellence (Online/Web, Mobile, Social Banking)
– E-Commerce Excellence
– Agriculture Digitization Excellence
– Green Energy Excellence Powered by Financial Inclusion.
– Best Digital Customer Experience
– Best Brand on Social Media (Financial Services, Telecom, IT)
– Best Brand on Social Media (Consumer Goods)
– Best Brand on Social Media (Utilities, Government Services)
– Best Digital Powered Campaign
– Best Mobile Payments (Innovation)
– Best Cards Payments (Innovation)
– Best Community Banking
The include everyone awards include;
– Best Digital Awareness Initiative (Financial Literacy, Cybersecurity)
-16. Best Digital Embrace (Non-Consumer Facing Brand)
– Digital Brand of the Year