KAMPALA —Out of 42 heads of state invited to witness the swearing-in ceremony of President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni at least upto 10 have jetted into the country.
The 10 presidents who arrived on Tuesday included Évariste Ndayishimiye (Burundi), Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed (Somalia), Emmerson Mnangagwa (Zimbabwe), Salva Kiir (South Sudan), Hage Gottfried Geingob (Namibia),Alpha Conde (Guinea), Salva Kiir Mayardit(South Sudan),Nana Akufo-Ado(Ghana), Felix Tshisekedi(DRC) and Ethiopia’s Sahle-Work Zewde.
Here is a complete list of delegations shared President Yoweri Spokesperson Linda Nabusaayi.
DELEGATIONS TO THE PRESIDENTIAL SWEARING-IN CEREMONY, 12TH MAY 2021
1. H.E. FÉLIX ANTOINE TSHISEKEDI TSHILOMBO, President of Democratic
Republic Congo & Chairperson of the African Union.
2. H.E. UHURU KENYATTA, President of the Republic of Kenya & Chairperson
of the East African Community.
3. H.E. ALPHA CONDE, President of the Republic of Guinea
4. H.E. SALVA KIIR MAYARDIT, President of the Republic of South Sudan
5. H.E. HAGE GEINGOB, President of the Republic of Namibia
6. H.E. NANA ADDO DANKWA AKUFO-ADDO, President of the Republic of Ghana
7. H.E. MOHAMED ABDULLAHI MOHAMED FARMAAJO, President of the Federal Republic of Somalia
8. H.E. Emerson MNANGAGWA, President of the Republic of Zimbabwe
9. H.E. EVARISTE NDAYISHIMIYE, President of the Republic of Burundi
10. H.E. SAMIA SULUHU HASSAN, President of the United Republic of Tanzania
11. H.E. SAHLE-WORK ZEWDE, President of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
12. H.E. YEMI OSIBAJO, Vice President, representing H.E Mohammadu Buhari,
President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
13. H.E. MALIK AGAR EYRE NGANYOUFA, Member of the Transitional Sovereign Council, representing H.E. Abdel Fatah Al-Burhan, President of the Transitional Sovereign Council of Sudan
14. H.E. ROSE CHRISTIANE OSSOUKA RAPONDA, Prime Minister and Head of
Government, representing H.E. Ali Bongo Ondimba President of the Republic of Gabon
15. DR. NALEDI PANDOR, Minister of International Relations & Cooperation,
representing H.E. Cyril Matamela Ramaphosa, President of the Republic of South Africa
16. HON. SIMEON OYONO ANGUE, Minister of Foreign Affairs, representing H.E. Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, President of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea.
HON. TETE ANTONIO, Minister of External Relations and Special Envoy of
H.E. Joao Manuel Goncalves Lourenco, President of the Republic of Angola
18. H.E. CARLOS JORGE SILIYA, Minister for Combatants, representing H.E.
Filipe Jacinto Nyusi, President of the Republic of Mozambique
19. HON. MOHAMED SALEM OULD SALEK, Minister of Foreign Affairs, representing H.E. Brahim Ghali, President of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic
20. H.E. SABRI BOUKADOUM, Minister of Foreign Affairs representing H.E.
Abdelmadjid Tebboune President of the People’s Democratic Republic of
21. HON. MIKHAIL BOGDANOV, Special Presidential Representative for the
Middle East and Africa, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, representing H.E. Vladimir Putin of the Russian Federation.
22. H.E. SHEIKH SHAKHBUT BIN NAHYAN BIN MUBARAK AL NAHYAN, Minister of State, representing His Highness Sheik Mohammed bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of the Emirates of Abu Dhabi,
Deputy Supreme Commander of the United Arab Emirates Armed Forces.
23. HON. AHMED BIN ABDULAZIZ KATTAN, Minister of State for African Affairs
of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, representing H.R.H Salman bin Abdal-Aziz
Al-Saud, The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques.
24. HON. PROF. MANASSEH NSHUTI, Minister of State of East African
Community, representing H.E Paul Kagame, President of the Republic of Rwanda
25. H.E. MOUSSA FAKI MAHAMAT, Chairperson of the African Union
26. H.E. DR. PETER MUTUKU MATHUKI, Secretary-General of the East African
27. H.E. DR. WORKNEH GEBEYEHU, Executive Secretary of the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
28. AMB. JOAO SAMUEL CAHOLO, Executive Secretary of the International
Conference on Great Lake Region (ICGLR)
29. H.E. ZHENG ZHUQIANG, China’s Ambassador to Uganda, representing H.E Xi
Jinping, President of the People’s Republic of China.
30. H.E. ASHRAF SWELAM, Egypt’s Ambassador to Uganda, representing H.E.
Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, President of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
31. H.E. BENSON KEITH CHALI, Zambia’s High Commissioner to Uganda,
representing H.E. Edgar Lungu, President of the Republic of Zambia
32. H.E. KANANATHAN VELUPPILLAI, Special Envoy to the Prime Minister of the
Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka and Sri Lanka’s High Commissioner to Uganda, presenting H.E. Gotabaya Rajapaksa, President of the Sri Lanka
33. H.E. AGRINA MUSSA, Malawi’s High Commissioner to Uganda, representing
H.E. Lazarus McCarthy Chakwera, President of the Republic of Malawi.