President Yoweri Museveni has ordered closure of all schools for 42 days effective Monday June 7.
In a televised address on Sunday evening , Museveni said the move is a measure to break and contain the pandemic.
The President has restricted travel to virus-hit countries especially India.
1.All schools and institutions of learning should close for 42 days starting tomorrow(Monday) 8:00am.
2. All teachers MUST be vaccinated before returning to school.
3. Communal Rites and prayers in Churches,Stadiums and Mosques are suspended for 42 days starting tomorrow.(Preaching should stay on.radios,TVs and social media.)
4. Public gatherings and meetings apart from cabinet and legislature meeting. All the rest have been suspended for 42-days
5. Travel from Category A countries (mostly India) remain suspended till further notice.
6. Agriculture activities, farming and the likes are encouraged to go on.
Factories dealing in Agriculture activities, shopping malls, supermarkets should go on with observing sop’s.
-Factories,Markets should work should operate but observe SOP’S
-Marriages functions,parties and the likes should go on but with strictly 20 people with out fail.
-House parties burnt with out fail.
-All public transport from district to district are suspended from 10th-June-2021 for 42 days.
-Kampala and metropolitan travels allowed to operate.
-Public transport with in the district should operate but maintain the SOP’s if they fail they will be suspended.
– Cargo trucks are allowed with 2 people.
-Sports activities allowed to go on with out spectators for 42 days.
-All public places are encouraged to maintain hygiene as required.
– Entertainment events burnt still for 42 days.
– Private vehicles allowed to move with 3 people and still inter district.
-Security cars and Ambulances allowed to operate normally.
– Pharmacies allowed to operate till curfew time.
-Lodges and saloons with out bars are allowed to operate.
-Working in shifts encouraged.
-Cross border surveyance energized.
-Curfew time shall remain 9:00pm till 5am.
-Boda bodas are encouraged to carry cargos and one person for 42-days failure to do so may change.
– Now no imprisoning violetors of Covid rules, they will pay a fine in the bank. The Treasury will issue a guideline on charges.
-A new team appointed to enforce guidelines.