KAMPALA — E-commerce platform is starting 2021 off with a bang.
The e-commerce platform has announced plans to expand its logistics network, to cover more key cities in Uganda and offer more affordable delivery options.
“This new initiative will see us partner with existing local business owners in each key town, so they can become Jumia Logistics Partners & earn additional income.” Jumia CEO Ron Kawamara
What will a logistics partner do?
Jumia Logistics partners will offer Pick Up Station services within their towns, with Cash on Delivery payment options for customers. Over time high performing partners will be able to take on Delivery for their town as well.
How will Jumia support?
Jumia will support the Partners with Jumia technology , training & marketing support (e.g. branding and promotion on Jumia marketing channels)
Jumia will support Partners with middle mile & linehaul logistics services from Kampala.
The benefits of being a Jumia Logistics Partner
Partners will earn from each package they deliver, and are invited to join the Jumia Force (JForce) sales program (where they can earn additional commissions by helping customers place orders)
Through this new logistics program, Jumia hopes to support local business owners & significantly reduce the cost of delivery for Jumia customers across the country
Over the start of 2021 Jumia will:
1. Review all submissions, town by town (starting with upcountry regions)
2. Pick the top 2 partners per city and visit them.
3. Jumia will initially select 1 partner per city, but will eventually expand to 2 partners.
4. Jumia will brand your location, train you how to operate the Pick Up Station and train your Sales Agents on making sales on Jumia. (under our JForce sales program)
5. When all is ready to go, Jumia together with you will do a local media – naming you and your business as an official logistics Partner and kick off operations within 1 month.
How to sign up?
Interested parties can contact the Jumia head of logistics via email on [email protected]