EDUCATION

UNEB releases PLE results of some schools previously withheld over malpractice

Uneb executive secretary Dan Odongo (PHOTO /Courtesy)

Authorities in Kabarole district have confirmed the release of examination results for 160 pupils that were withheld by UNEB on suspicions of exam malpractice in latest PLE sitting.

Upon the release of the primary leaving Examinations on July 16th 2021, two schools in Kabarole district both government aided schools – Buhahara primary school in KIchwamba Sub County and Bwabya primary school in Rwengaju Sub County Burahya County – were among those whose exams were not released, affecting some 2,2000 nationwide.

Speaking to Uganda Radio Network, Timothy Ruhweza, the speaker of Kabarole district said they are pleased that Uganda National Examination Board was able to release exams of more than 160 pupils all at ounce.

He says the students were taken to Kyagonmbo UNEB offices and they were able to defend their attained results through the procedures that were set by the Examination body.

Joseph Rujumba, the District inspector of schools says the exams had been released and by Monday, they will be forwarded to the district from Kampala at the UNEB centre.

William Tugume the head teacher Bwabya Primary school located in Burahya County Kabarole district said they had returned from Kampala to the district but they expect results to be delivered at school by Monday next week.

Richard Rwabuhinga the Kabarole district chairperson said the district officials together with a section of pupils from the two primary schools were able to defend the results of the affected schools following an invitation by UNEB.

Rwabuhinga says the district delegation came into agreement with the officials from UNEB to have mistakes that had raised the red flag on suspicions of exam malpractice corrected to avoid reccurrence in future.

Among the Mistakes Rwabihunga mentioned was the crossing of correct answers by replacing them with wrong ones, and on this students said that is how their teachers right from primarily five had taught them.

He congratulated both pupils and parents for remaining calm during the trying moments.

In the exams that were released on July 16th, over 2,220 pupils’ results were withheld on suspicion on examination malpractice

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Rugyira bannet

    September 13, 2021 at 13:15

    Congratulations to kabalore affected pupils

Dear our estimated reader, what is your take about this topic?

Most Popular

To Top